Thursday, February 16, 2012

Green Smoothie, Ariel's Salad

Favorite Bible verse of the week:  Gen 1:29- (of course)  Then God said, " I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it.  They will be yours for food."  


When reading the Bible like a novel, I really noticed that the 1st ten generations on a plant based diet lived really long...like 969 years old.  After the flood when God added meat to our diets the life span fell dramatically over the next few generations, because God said our years on earth would now be 120 years.  


Leslie's Favorite Green Smoothie
Load blender in this order
1 fresh organic banana
2 or more large handfuls of greens, spinach, chard, kale, sorrel, lambsquarter, lettuce, etc
1 handful frozen pineapple
1 handful frozen mango
11/2 C coconut water (from fresh young coconut best choice or Zico brand)


Green Smoothie Before:  




Green Smoothie After:



Even Sheltie Pups like green smoothies!
Go Gunther!




I prefer mine to go in a "Red Solo Cup", have you heard the new country song with that title?
Goes like this "Red Solo Cup,  I fill you up, let's have a party, let's have a party"  I guess they will write a song about anything :)  Seriously funny song!


Gotta have the awesome smoothie straws, the sell them at Wal Mart:


A pretty typical day starts with 8 oz of fresh veggie juice and some yummy Barley Max.  Then an hour or so later I make a smoothie.  Make sure you change the greens everyday.  I like to add berries but then it turns out to be a brown smoothie especially if using blueberries.  Start with more fruit if you are a beginner and then add more greens everday.

Here is one of my dinners last week:

Ariel's Salad and Kelp Noodles with Pesto Trapenese...super yummy!


Recipe for Salad:
Place in bowl:
1/2 head of Romaine lettuce, washed and torn
drizzle some olive oil or flax seed oil over lettuce (2 Tbls more or less)
squeeze half of a lemon or lime over leaves
Add:
3 T + nutritional yeast
1/2 t sea salt
2 garlic cloves, pressed  
1 T spirulina
1/2 avocado
Mix and enjoy.  May have to adjust seasonings to taste.


This is a fast easy nutrient dense salad.  Sometimes I replace the lettuce with kale or red cabbage that I put in the food processor with the "S" blade.  Then I do not usually add the spirulina.  I buy my Spirulina from my buddies at www.healthforce.com  Hmmm...think I will go make this salad for lunch today!




Here is a picture of the salad I made for the Culinary Class on Thursday and Friday.  Wild greens with Raspberry Vinegarette Dressing....sorry have to come to classes to get the recipes!




Veggie Garden Make-over. Before:


BAD GOPHER!


Even though the mesh was still good after 11 years of gardening, the little stinker came in the sides where the wood had rotted.  But, he was definitely scoping it out from below!

Bye, bye veggie bed!

Will have to come to gardening class in March to see new the new gopher proof beds!













3 comments:

  1. Just made your smoothie! I had all the ingredients except for Coconut water and banannas... so I had to substitute 4 tangerines and rice milk. It's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Heather. I always use what I have around the house. Great way to get greens that taste good!

      Delete
  2. lol after reading the 3 posts you have up, i already cant wait for more, funny stuff and very informative.

    ReplyDelete